We all want to retain the glowing and beautiful skin forever; however, skin loses its glowing youthfulness eventually with increasing age. Stretch marks are visible lines on the skin surface, mainly found in the abdominal wall, thighs, upper arms, buttocks and breasts.
Stretch marks are very obviously unsightly and ruin the looks for years. The reason could be sudden weight loss or gain, change in the body size, hereditary factors, stress, and pregnancy. You must be thinking how to get rid of these stretch marks, then keep on reading, here are the best home remedies that will help you in removing these ugly marks from your skin.
Lemons are natural bleaching agents with amazing properties which are good for your overall skin and hair. The vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acids in lemons can quickly make your stretch marks disappear. Additionally, they also remove dead skin.
• Cut the lemon in half.
• Gently rub your stretch marks with a half piece of lemon in circular motions
• Do this for at least 10 minutes and let the lemon soak into your skin
• Then wash it off with warm water.
Potato juice has vitamins and minerals that help in the restoration of skin cells. This is one of the easiest home remedies for stretch marks. It consists of a variety of phytochemicals, like polyphenols and carotenoids. Potato is found to be efficient in stimulating elastin and collagen synthesis, making it suitable for fading away stretch marks.
• Cut a small potato into thick sized slices.
• Rub it over your stretch marks
• Leave it on the affected area for 5-10 minutes.
• Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Aloe vera contains plant collagen which helps repair the skin. Collagen is really important to the skin as it helps to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and improves the elasticity of the skin. It is advised to use fresh aloe vera gel, extracted from the plant
• Take aloe vera leaf and remove its outer skin. Extract the gel from the inside of the leaf.
• Apply this fresh aloe gel gently on your stretch marks and leave it on for 1 hour or overnight. Do this regularly, every day to see visible results
Castor oil when massaged into the skin will help heal and smoothen the stretch marks gradually as it provides nourishment and moisture to the skin. It contains ricinoleic acid, which is a skinconditioning agent which heals the stretch marks.
• Apply warm castor oil to the stretch marks and gently massage the area in circular motions for about 10 minutes.
• Apply a warm cloth, dipped in hot water to the area and let it stay for 20 minutes
• Repeat this process daily for positive results.
Eggs are a rich source of protein and contain amino acids and proteins which work to repair damaged skin. Eggs have collagen which can reduces the appearance of stretch marks if used regularly. Additionally, the anti-oxidants present in it fight free radicals
• Take 1-2 eggs. Whip egg white until soft; apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.
• Leave it on for 15 minutes or until it completely dries and then rinse the area with cold water.
• Massage a small amount of moisturizer like olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
• Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks.
Alfalfa leaves contain eight essential amino acids which are rich in vitamins K and E, which help in nourishing the skin and fade away stretch marks. It is also considered as a great skin toner
• Mix chamomile oil with alfalfa powder o form a smooth paste.
• Massage the paste into your stretch marks.
• Leave it applied for 15 minutes and wash it off with water. Do this three times a day for a few weeks
Cocoa butter has natural emollient and antioxidants properties which make it an amazing moisturizer with the ability to penetrate deep into the skin repairing it from the inside and reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Cocoa butter melts at body temperature; hence it is very easily absorbed by the skin.
• Melt the cocoa butter and Shea butter together
• Add vitamin E oil into the butter and mix properly
• Store it in a container.
• Apply when it cools down, use it at least two times a day.
Olive oil is abundant in nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants that help improve various skin problems including stretch marks. It is considered as one of the best oils for removing stretch marks. Massage slightly warm extra-virgin olive oil into the affected skin area which will improve the blood circulation.
• Lightly warm the oil and massage on the affected area for a few minutes.
• Do not wash it off.
• Do this preferably thrice or four times a day.
You can also mix olive oil with lavender oil and chamomile oil. This will keep your skin stay moisturized.
Jojoba oil is known to have many anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties. It nourished your skin and help in new cells generation. Using this oil regularly will not only fade away stretch marks but will also combat other skin problems.
• Take few drops of pure jojoba oil and apply it on the stretch marks.
• Massage for a few minutes and leave it on.
• Apply this oil 2-3 times a day
It is extremely important to keep your body well hydrated as it protects the skin from many kinds of skin problems and also helps in detoxification. You should drink 8-10 glasses of water every day for a supple and glowing skin. It will also make your skin soft and help maintain its elasticity. So, just start drinking water immediately and very soon you can enjoy the healthy and flawless skin.